Providing gifts to make Christmas happy for children in need.
‘The people who have donated gifts have given some of the most vulnerable children in Hampshire the gift of waking up to presents on Christmas Day’- a Social worker commenting on Christmas 2019
In 2020 the Andover foodbank distributed more than 900 Christmas gift boxes to local children in need in the Test Valley.
The scheme is very simple. Key workers at local agencies and schools identify children for whom a gift box will make a real difference and request a box for a boy or girl of a certain age from the Andover foodbank.
How you can help:
- We need churches, companies, schools and individuals to donate gift boxes or cash.
- Our leaflet which you can print and distribute, gives details of how to make up a fun and exciting box, labels and gift ideas.
- All items must be NEW and unused; sweets must have a use by date on each individual packet (loose sweets or packets from multipacks without a date cannot be distributed); and, free items such as toys from restaurants and basic toiletries such as toothbrushes and soap should not be included. The foodbank distributes basic toiletries separately.
- You can donate online – £15 helps us produce an exciting box of gifts for a child.
- You can make a text donation: text GIFTBOX and the amount you want to donate to 70085 (eg GIFTBOX 5). Text GIFTBOXNOINFO and the amount you want to donate if you do not want us to contact you in the future. Texts will cost your donation amount plus one standard rate message. £2 buys pencils or pens and colouring/activity book, £5 buys a storybook or Lego model set and £15 a whole gift box for a child this Christmas.
- We need the gift box or your cash donation by Friday 6 November to ensure that they are given to children by their care worker in early December.
- You should deliver them to the foodbank or contact us if you need to arrange collection.
We are grateful for your support.