Providing gifts to make Christmas happy for children in need.
‘I can’t believe how much we have been given and I hope people know just how much it is appreciated!’
‘Our parents were overwhelmed with the generosity shown by their community and it provided the families with a collection of gifts that they would not otherwise have been able to afford’ – Headteacher‘
In 2017 the Andover foodbank distributed nearly 600 Christmas gift boxes to local children in need in the Test Valley.
The scheme is very simple. Key workers at local agencies and schools identify children for whom a gift box will make a real difference and request a box for a boy or girl of a certain age from the Andover foodbank.
How you can help:
- We need churches, companies, schools and individuals to donate gift boxes or cash.
- Our new Christmas gift boxes leaflet, which you can print and distribute, gives details of how to make up a box, labels and gift ideas.
- You can donate online – £15 helps us produce an exciting box of gifts for a child.
- We need the gift box or your cash donation by Friday 9 November to ensure that they are given to children by their care worker in early December.
- You should deliver them to the foodbank or contact us if you need to arrange collection.
We are grateful for your support.