Providing gifts to make Christmas happy for children in need.
‘The children were so excited to see what was in them. It made me cry to see their faces and the generosity from you’ – a mother
‘A lot of the people who use our centre are very stressed about their children missing out on Christmas. You can see the stress levels going down when you give them a gift box’- a careworker
In 2018 the Andover foodbank distributed 785 Christmas gift boxes to local children in need in the Test Valley.
The scheme is very simple. Key workers at local agencies and schools identify children for whom a gift box will make a real difference and request a box for a boy or girl of a certain age from the Andover foodbank.
How you can help:
- We need churches, companies, schools and individuals to donate gift boxes or cash.
- Our leaflet which you can print and distribute, gives details of how to make up a box, labels and gift ideas.
- You can donate online – £15 helps us produce an exciting box of gifts for a child.
- We need the gift box or your cash donation by Friday 8 November to ensure that they are given to children by their care worker in early December.
- You should deliver them to the foodbank or contact us if you need to arrange collection.
We are grateful for your support.